We are looking for a Project Manager to help build our fast growing Team. If you or anyone you know is interested in interviewing with us @ VIP please contact Kevin at 480-892-1654 or Comment on this blog
Position Overview/General Purpose
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing the development and completion of multiple construction projects. This position is responsible for overseeing projects and the site superintendents. They will approve work completed by the subcontractors as well as negotiate contracts and develop a detailed budget and a detailed schedule/timeline for the completion of the projects. The Project Manager will be the liaison between the construction team, architects, designers, and the owners/stakeholders of the projects to facilitate communication, decision making and problem solving. They must deliver quality products, on time, under budget, and ensure work site safety.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for Business Development in their area or region, and assist the owner and other project managers in business development throughout Arizona as needed.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Networking and relationship development responsibilities with design professionals, subcontractors and others in and out of the industry.
- Continually identifies, builds, and develops new client business within the Phoenix market by pursing business opportunities with strategic targets in key industries.
- Identifies and evaluates new markets and partnership opportunities through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedules the project appropriately, in logical steps to exceed client expectation and deadlines.
- Coordinates work flow for all team members working on various phases of the project.
- Reviews architectural and engineering drawings to ensure all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Promotes and enforces site health and safety. Inspects and reviews projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses required for each site.
- Oversees multiple projects.
- Directs and supervises multiple site supervisors, which will include but will not be limited to reviewing site reports, mitigating reported difficulties, correcting any safety violations or any other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedules and associated costs to achieve project completion on or before the allotted time scheduled and below the project budget.
- Reports to the Owners and Architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans.
- Determines labor requirements and dispatches workers to construction sites.
- Interprets and explains plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the Owner or Developer.
- Negotiates and prepares contracts, changes and additions to contractual agreements with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Studies job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Selects subcontractors and awards subcontracts.
- Requisitions supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates, as well as, providing progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develops and implements quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confers with supervisory personnel, Owners, Contractors, and Design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plans, organizes, and directs activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigates damages, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluates construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in Construction Management or a related field
- 5+ years of construction project management experience
- 10+ years of construction supervisory experience
- Have established local relationships with Owners, Architects, Subcontractors and Vendors
- Critical Thinking – Complex Decision and Problem Solving Skills
- Coordination – Monitor Processes, Materials, and Staff
- Effective Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Skills
- Comprehensive construction knowledge
- Pride in Safety and Security
- Scheduling and collaboration skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to find and implement new technologies
- Conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- Team building and developing mentality and skillset
- Strong negotiation skills
- Time management expert/ability to multi-task
- Sense of Urgency
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.